The James Cook Regional Anaesthesia Course
We are the biggest ultrasound course who delivers its ultrasound courses in the UK and overseas. We are recognised by The Royal College of Anaesthetists and by ESRA.
Our mission is simple; to make you confident to perform safe ultrasound guided regional anaesthesia or use of ultrasound in various aspects of anaesthesia and A&E. We achieve this by providing a course that is mainly a "hand-on" course where each delegate performs enough scanning on each station infront of an experienced instructor and a website that contains our own tutorial videos and the best available on the web. Academic lectures are concise and to the point as our vision is that the knowledge can be gathered from the literature and the aim of the course is for candidates to actually scan. We have a big faculty base from around the world, are recognised by the Royal College of Anaesthetists, recognised for ESRA Diploma and are proud to be the only UK course that is repeatedly invited to deliver the course abroad. Our course in the UK is annually while we run the course abroad every other year. You will also find plenty of educational videos and information of anatomy, various blocks and relevant information to regional anaesthesia as the M.Sc. in regional anaesthesia on our dedicated website www.jcrac.co.uk.
A comprehensive two-day course which includes:
- Demonstration of relevant anatomy to regional anaesthetists on cadavers by anatomy lecturers
- Small group work teaching
- Side by side cadaveric learning and scanning on volunteers
- Hands-on learning of needle techniques and catheters on phantoms
- Opportunity to discuss tips and tricks with international experts in ultrasound regional anaesthesia